With a history of more than 100 years, the district police is headed by the District Superintendent of Police assisted by an Additional Supdt of Police and comprises of a District police Headquarter and District Armed reserve at Bidar City, and Civil Police staff spread over 28 police stations in the entire district. The 28 Police stations fall under 10 circles and 3 subdivisions of Bidar, Bhalki and Humnabad.
We stand by our responsibilities 24 hours a day, and we never fail in upholding the law and providing assistance to the people when necessary and in times of emergency, disaster and crisis.
The Districts and specialized units focus on,:
- Criminal activities and networks
- Providing specialist operational resources
- Ensuring professional practice and ethical behavior
- And corporate service functions of administration, finance human resources and information and communications technology, all housed centrally in Bidar.
**What we do?? Functions of the police include:
- Maintain peace and order in the city
- Protect the citizen's life and property
- Prevent and detect crime
- Bring offenders to justice
- Manage the traffic
- Uphold the law and provide policing service
**Our services benefit:
- The citizens of Bidar and visitors.
- Victims of Crime and violence.
- Anyone seeking police assistance.
- Protect the lives and liberties of the people from criminal and anti- social elements.
- Earn the good will, support and active assistance of the community.
- Co-ordinate with other departments of Criminal Justice System.
- Equal treatment regardless of caste, religion, social and economic status or political affiliations.
- Due consideration for women, children, senior citizens and weaker sections. Improve professional knowledge, skills and attitudes and adopt modern methods in police work.
- Promote human rights and professional values of integrity, honesty and efficiency.
- Accept and play our role in social transformation and bring about improvement in the quality of life with society.